Sunday 17 April 2005

My Linguistic Profile

This is a neat idea, though I'd like one that was even more detailed. There were several questions in the survey where my answer was pretty much free variation, but I had to pick one. Perhaps I tended in those cases to pick what I hear the most NOW which is why my Dixie score wasn't higher. I wonder what's typical for 24 years in the Southeast followed by 24 years in the Northwest.


My Linguistic Profile:



60% General American English

20% Dixie

10% Yankee

5% Midwestern

5% Upper Midwestern




I just took it again, reversing all my choices where I thought I could go either way, and got 50-25-20-5-0. That's probably closer to what I expected - though I might have thought a little more Midwestern and a little less Yankee, being married to a Michigander.

No comments: