Sunday 28 August 2005

Gasp!

Thoughts and prayers for the people of the Gulf Coast.

Just turned on the evening news to hear a doomsday-like prognosis for New Orleans in the path of Katrina read straight from the National Weather Service. Their latest on-line description sounds like a slight softening, but still plenty terrifying. My heart goes out to all affected.

[UPDATE: I found a copy of the warning that I heard read on the news. Based on the devastation which has hit the fragile city of New Orleans in spite of the storm's eastward migration and slight downgrade, it is clear that the warning was not hyperbole.]

1 comment:

Just Callin' It Like I See It said...

I've been surfing all day and here's what I've found so far...
http://wehavefailed.blogspot.com/2005/09/hurricane-katrina-bush.html