Friday 13 January 2006

In Bush We Trust

I generally avoid satire. Whether that's mostly because I'm worried I can't pull it off or because I just can't stand being misunderstood by those who don't get it, I'm not sure. But I just couldn't resist this mildly sardonic excursion into that realm.

I'll certainly never be a Jesus' General, even though I thoroughly enjoy his comic offerings. I can also appreciate smart satire from the other side, such as seen at ScrappleFace, or even when you're not quite sure where it's coming from*, such as at Less People, Less Idiots. Generally what you'll read here is pretty much what I really mean.

As for trusting Bush, though, I'm really quite serious. It's his trustworthiness that perhaps is scariest.

*Actually I have a pretty good idea.

1 comment:

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

god bless you man. everytime somebody says (and they frequently do) they cannot tell where i am coming from, i want to take it to these bigoted left wingers at:

http://blog.iblamethepatriarch.../2005/12/29/email-from-gisher/

who blocked my IP so i could not comment, erased some of my comments, so they could twist and dance upon me. edward r. murrow, walter cronkite, could avoid showing a bias, but this princess not only could not take a joke, but could not conceive how someone could avoid being as narrow-minded as she was. there are problems on both sides of the aisle, sick puppies everywhere, and thank you for making my day.